Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by 康明辉 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/19 10:44:48 UTC

Valid setting in CDH

Hi , master

I have a confusing about the setting in Cloudera Manager hadoop version for
some value.
Especially for java option setting, eg:
<property>
  <name>mapreduce.map.java.opts</name>
  <value>
     -Xmx512M
  </value>
</property>

In the Cloudera Manager, we both have settings like following:
[image: Inline image 1]
And you can also directly change the setting in :
[image: Inline image 2]

I am confused which one is the right setting?
Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,
Jack

Re: Valid setting in CDH

Posted by Namikaze Minato <ll...@gmail.com>.
The top one is the one you should set. mapred-site.xml is for properties
you cannot set anywhere else.

Regards,
LLoyd

Re: Valid setting in CDH