Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 1996/01/27 03:42:13 UTC

CVS 1.7

Are we going to use 1.6 or 1.7?  I'd like to play with the latest and
greatest (particularly for other projects), but I don't want to install
both at UCI.  What should I do?

.....Roy

Posted by Samuel Tardieu <sa...@inf.enst.fr>.

Roy> Are we going to use 1.6 or 1.7?  I'd like to play with the latest
Roy> and greatest (particularly for other projects), but I don't want
Roy> to install both at UCI.  What should I do?

CVS 1.7 has much better communication capabilities than 1.6 does, and
pre-releases (86 if I remember well) have been intensively tested by
the CVS developpers to maintain CVS.

With 1.7 (and not 1.6), you may indicate that you wanna watch some
files. If someone wants to edit these files, you get a mail telling
you that this user is going to modify the files you're interested
in. This may help in preventing conflicts when two people begin to
make huge modifications on the same part of the code at the same time.

  Sam
--
"La cervelle des petits enfants, ca doit avoir comme un petit gout de noisette"
                                                       Charles Baudelaire