Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Atur Shah <at...@vigorsoft.com> on 2001/08/23 14:46:36 UTC

Error : Apache [ __wcsrtombs: Assertion `data.outbuf != (unsigned char *) dst' failed ]

Hi,

I have made an external module in PHP and trying to work and output on
the web browser using apache.
I am using Apache 1.13.20, the latest available. and PHP 4.0.6.
O.S. : Red Hat Linux 7.1

When accessing through the browser its not able to load the page. The
error logs saw this error.
(http://localhost/) and (http://localhost/<anyother-php-file>) works
fine.

httpd: wcsrtombs.c:116: __wcsrtombs: Assertion `data.outbuf != (unsigned
char *) dst' failed.
[Wed Aug 22 17:16:56 2001] [notice] child pid 15650 exit signal Aborted
(6)

What could be the problem here?

Comments Please..

Thanks.

Regards,

Atur Shah
Vigorsoft Pvt. Ltd.,
India
Nothing is Impossible if you believe it is possible and if you believe
you can do it.....

Re: Error : Apache [ __wcsrtombs: Assertion `data.outbuf != (unsigned char *) dst' failed ]

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"Atur Shah" <at...@vigorsoft.com> writes:

> When accessing through the browser its not able to load the page. The
> error logs saw this error.
> (http://localhost/) and (http://localhost/<anyother-php-file>) works
> fine.
>
> httpd: wcsrtombs.c:116: __wcsrtombs: Assertion `data.outbuf != (unsigned
> char *) dst' failed.
> [Wed Aug 22 17:16:56 2001] [notice] child pid 15650 exit signal Aborted
> (6)

wcstrombs.c appears to be a glibc file (from google).  I guess you
could get a coredump and follow the backtrace to see who called into
glibc.  Hopefully it is some sort of bad parameter passed to glibc.

Maybe PHP is doing it; maybe Apache is doing it; maybe it is yet
another function.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...