Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by co...@xs4all.nl on 2003/10/02 09:01:02 UTC

Re: Intake mask compatibility from 2.2 to 2.3 - contains or matches?

We could think of a compromise and have a *flexible* setting (similiar to
checking Dates) that determines whether contains or matches should be
used.

i.e.
flexible = true = contains
flexible = false = matches

Best of both worlds.

Colin

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
collie@xs4all.nl wrote:

>We could think of a compromise and have a *flexible* setting (similiar to
>checking Dates) that determines whether contains or matches should be
>used.
>
>i.e.
>flexible = true = contains
>flexible = false = matches
>
>Best of both worlds.

That makes sense, but I think it would be better if the existing "flexible" rule was renamed "lenientDateFormats" in order to associate it with the rules it is modifying.

Modifying one or more rules using another rule doesn't really feel right to me.  I think it would be better to express the match/contains decision in the "mask" rule itself, but this would require the dtd to be updated for every rule that used such a concept (I guess an XML schema would be able to handle this better).  An alternative might be to use a different rule for match than contain.

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.