Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Ian Bicking <ia...@colorstudy.com> on 2009/12/09 22:06:26 UTC

svn instead of github?

Hi all.  I've just started checking out libcloud, and I notice you
guys are in the middle of moving things to Apache infrastructure.
But... svn?  I am probably going to have some patches, but I'd much
rather submit them through github pull requests (plus, I'd like to use
my patched code, which is easy using github, and I'd rather not deal
with git/svn stuff at all).

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org  |  http://topplabs.org/civichacker

Re: svn instead of github?

Posted by Tom Davis <to...@dislocatedday.com>.
Yeah, in my opinion this was the one disadvantage of moving to Apache. They
have a read-only git mirror, but that hardly approaches the simplicity we
had with the git/github solution. C'est la vie!

Re: svn instead of github?

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
For contributors, the workflow described at
http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html#workflow works pretty well. If you
create patches with "git diff --no-prefix" then committers can apply
them to the svn tree using 'patch'. This is the way we do it for
Hadoop, at least.

Cheers,
Tom

Re: svn instead of github?