Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com> on 2007/09/05 22:46:07 UTC

Work Effort Calendar Refactor

I just noticed the WorkEffortServices.getWorkEffortEventsByPeriod(...) method only returns work
efforts related to production runs. The end result is, the work effort calendar displays only
production run related events.

I'd like to remove the hard-coded production run entity conditions and instead have them passed in
as parameters - so the service can be used to find work efforts that aren't production run related.

If that is done, then the work effort calendar screens can be used in other parts of the project.

What do you think?

-Adrian

Re: Work Effort Calendar Refactor

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Jacopo,

Thank you very much for the reply!

If you take a look at WorkEffortServices.java around lines 301 to 318, you can see hard-coded
conditions that select production run workefforts. Those conditions prevent the Work Effort calendar
from displaying non production run tasks. If I add the line:

typesList.add(new EntityExpr("workEffortTypeId", EntityOperator.EQUALS, "TASK"));

to that section of code, then the non production run workefforts appear.

I was thinking of having the modification look for a list of conditions, and if it doesn't exist,
then it will default to the conditions in the existing code. That will make the modification
backwards compatible.

-Adrian

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Adrian,