Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Jeff Eastman <jd...@windwardsolutions.com> on 2012/10/19 03:54:55 UTC

Jake Mannix Elected to Mahout PMC Chair

Congratulations Jake!

Jake Mannix has been recommended by the Mahout PMC to replace me as the
new Mahout PMC Chairperson and the Apache Board has approved this
recommendation in their meeting this week. Please join me in
congratulating Jake on his new role in this exciting and interesting
Apache project.

I'm going to remain a committer and will continue to contribute to the
Mahout clustering algorithms.

Regards,
Jeff Eastman
Outgoing PMC Chair

Re: Jake Mannix Elected to Mahout PMC Chair

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.
>   Let me spend some time this weekend writing up some thoughts I've got in
> mind for the next release or so, we haven't had a brainstorming discussion
> on direction like this in a while.

Very good idea, I think such a discussion is really necessary.

Re: Jake Mannix Elected to Mahout PMC Chair

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jeff,

  I'm happy to take up the mantle, send our mapper legions into the vast
uncharted lands of Big Data, reduce the unwashed noisy barbarians to clean
and convergent nuggets of intelligence and models to be launched into more
mappers!  Or is this more like one of those "bully pulpit" positions, where
I'm here mainly to guilt trip the Developers and Users of Mahoutia into
helping keep the aqueducts standing, the roads paved, and someday replace
those lead pipes before we all go mad?  Either way, SPQR! (er, DUQM?)

--

  -jake

Re: Jake Mannix Elected to Mahout PMC Chair

Posted by Jake Mannix <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jeff,

--

  -jake

Re: Jake Mannix Elected to Mahout PMC Chair

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@googlemail.com>.
Congratulations Jake!