Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mark Blythe <li...@markblythe.com> on 2006/02/17 21:28:28 UTC

HTML Link Parser?

Is the HTML Link Parser still functional these days?  I have an HTML
form with many dynamically generated inputs.  After fetching the form,
I need to pull out those inputs and submit them in a subsequent HTTP
POST.  The docs state that the HTML Link Parser can do this.

Try as I might, I just can't get it to do even the simplest form
processing.  I've tried a very basic test plan similar to the Poll
example in the docs, but it never works.  My setup is as follows.

 * Thread Group
 ** View Results Tree
 ** HTTP Request 1
 ** HTTP Request 2
 *** HTML Link Parser

HTTP Request 1 returns this form:

     <head></head>

     <form>
        <input type="hidden" name="one" value="1"/><br/>
    </form>

HTTP Request 2 is a perl script that sends a Data::Dumper of the
POSTed data.  I have configured the Send Parameters as:

Name: one
Value: .*

When I run the test plan, I get this output from my dumper script:

$VAR1 = {
};

The HTML Link Parser is not expanding the regex at all.

Am I doing something wrong?  If this can't be made to work, is there
another way to solve this?  Because the form input names can vary
greatly in both name and quantity, it will likely be impossible for me
to solve this with a Regular Expression Extractor.  I couldn't predict
all of the possible variable names to use in the subsequent POST.

Any help is greatly appreciated.