Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by John Wheeler <jw...@co.riverside.ca.us> on 2001/09/12 21:17:11 UTC

Novell LDAP Realm

Hello all,

I am new to Tomcat and open source development, and I would like to know if there is interest in an LDAP Realm similar to Peachtree's but using
Novell LDAP instead of Netscape. Functionally, the vendor api's are the
same (for authentication anyway) except there are a few method signitures differences.  I haven't done enough research, but here is my vision:

Use the DAO (Data Access Object)  design pattern  in conjunction with abstract factory, I would like to provide a novell implementation of ldap realms conforming to peachtree's interfaces... if this is possible.

Would this type of development (or some variant of) be of interest?

John Wheeler