Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by jg...@e-nautia.com on 2015/03/25 15:25:48 UTC

Blank page rendered with wrong xref start objid (batch 1.8)

Hello,

bug PDFBOX-2679 entitled "Blank page rendered with wrong xref start
objid" was recently fixed for branch 2.0.0 but this same issue is still
affecting NonSequentialParser v 1.8.8 as it is also rendering a blank
page with that kind of malformed pdfs (in our case these pdfs are
generated by some soho scanners!!).  Do you plan to fix this issue also
for branch 1.8 or at least open a jira?

thank you
Jerome

Re: Blank page rendered with wrong xref start objid (batch 1.8)

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> jgi74@e-nautia.com hat am 25. März 2015 um 15:25 geschrieben:
>

> Hello,
>
> bug PDFBOX-2679 entitled "Blank page rendered with wrong xref start
> objid" was recently fixed for branch 2.0.0 but this same issue is still
> affecting NonSequentialParser v 1.8.8 as it is also rendering a blank
> page with that kind of malformed pdfs (in our case these pdfs are
> generated by some soho scanners!!).  Do you plan to fix this issue also
> for branch 1.8 or at least open a jira?
No, we don't backport every fix from the trunk to 1.8 for different reasons.

If someone wants to do so, patches are welcome :-)

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler