Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com> on 2016/02/04 17:08:38 UTC

Using bundle start="false" in features.xml

Hello,

I have a features.xml in which I don’t want to auto start some of the bundles.  So I use this declaration:

<bundle start="false”>

Yet, it does not appear to do what I expect, as the feature still tries to start.  I should mention that I am using a custom distribution using the "karaf-maven-plugin” where this feature is added either to the <bootFeatures> or <installedFeatures> with the same result.

I am using Karaf version 4.0.3.

Best regards,
Alex soto

RE: Using bundle start="false" in features.xml

Posted by Ravi Nallappan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Markus.

This bug description seems to indicate this happens only if one of the bundle failed to start and furthermore not applicable for Karaf 4.x?

http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Using-bundle-start-quot-false-quot-in-features-xml-td4045167.html

Re: Using bundle start="false" in features.xml

Posted by Markus Rathgeb <ma...@gmail.com>.
I have found only this JIRA:
JB could you point us to the current one?

RE: Using bundle start="false" in features.xml

Posted by Ravi Nallappan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

I noticed the same scenario as well.

<bundle start="false”>

Still starts the bundle. It will be great if you can find the Jira # so that we can monitor fix whereabouts.

In my scenario, the feature installs few bundles and configuration file. It does not make sense in my case to start the bundles during installation without letting user to update the configuration values appropriately.

Thanks and regards,
Ravi Nallappan

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.

Posted by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com>.