Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kevin Toomey <to...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/14 18:34:07 UTC

Does EJBJar support DTDs in the classpath?

Hello All,

I've been using an internal website to hold the DTDs for my EJB
creation. It works, but it's not ideal. I'd like to pull the DTDs from
the classpath. I thought I saw a post from someone, that this was now
possible. I tried changing my DOCTYPE definition to:

<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar SYSTEM 'ejb-jar_1_1.dtd'>

and adding the directory that conatins that DTD to my classpath. When I
run EJBJar, I get:

/BuildProcess/build.xml:658: SAXException while parsing
entity/namedinsured/META-INF/MyEJB-ejb-jar.xml'.
This probably indicates badly-formed XML.  Details: Relative URI
"ejb-jar_1_1.dtd"; can not be resolved without a document URI.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Relative URI "ejb-jar_1_1.dtd"; can not
be resolved without a document URI.
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
etc....

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

RE: Does EJBJar support DTDs in the classpath?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.
Kevin,

I recommend against modifying your deployment descriptor to point to a
local DTD. The way ejbjar does this is to map the publicId of the DTD to
a local resource. Currently this will work if you are using weblogic.
The weblogic element knows where to find the DTD since it is present in
the classes which come with weblogic.

If you are not using weblogic but just the generic features of <ejbjar>
it is not currently possible to set the location of the DTD file but it
would not be hard to add it in. I'll have a look at that.

Can you tell me more about your usage and we'll see if we can figure out
what is happening.

Conor