Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> on 2012/09/06 00:46:40 UTC

Getting closer to WebConsole release

Dear all,
I would like to announce you that all issues I used know in WebConsole now are solved*. Andreas did a lot of work on pax-wicket to get rid all serialization issues caused by Wicket internals. I have locally support for Karaf 3.0, so we can go further and prepare a release. But before this will happen - please try install it locally and run some basic scenarios (upgrade bundle, install feature and so on).
I know all of you are pro and do not use interface other than shell but doing a round in WebConsole will be a pleasure to you.

* Yes, it's a star sign, there are always star signs. The one except is a configuration edit form - the configuration objects are changed but not stored in etc/. I have the same code as commands, but it works differnt.

Best regards,
Lukasz Dywicki
luke@code-house.org
Twitter: ldywicki
Blog: http://dywicki.pl
Code-House - http://code-house.org

Re: Getting closer to WebConsole release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Lukasz,

I will try it later today.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Getting closer to WebConsole release

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thx for the news. I will have a look on that when I will have more time
(next week I hope ;-) )

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM, Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I would like to announce you that all issues I used know in WebConsole now
> are solved*. Andreas did a lot of work on pax-wicket to get rid all
> serialization issues caused by Wicket internals. I have locally support for
> Karaf 3.0, so we can go further and prepare a release. But before this will
> happen - please try install it locally and run some basic scenarios
> (upgrade bundle, install feature and so on).
> I know all of you are pro and do not use interface other than shell but
> doing a round in WebConsole will be a pleasure to you.
>
> * Yes, it's a star sign, there are always star signs. The one except is a
> configuration edit form - the configuration objects are changed but not
> stored in etc/. I have the same code as commands, but it works differnt.
>
> Best regards,
> Lukasz Dywicki
> luke@code-house.org
> Twitter: ldywicki