Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ben Tatham <be...@nanometrics.ca> on 2012/12/07 21:22:07 UTC

custom lifecycle without inheritance

Hello,
I am trying to invoke a single goal before another (ant-based) Mojo
executes.

Due to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5405 I cannot just do

So instead, I've defined a lifecycle.xml, with only one goal in it.

This works fine as a workaround for now, except that the forked lifecycle
inherits the goals from the lifecycle of the project that is running the
mojo in the first place.  In some of our projects, we have a lot of custom
mojos running, even in the initialize phase.

So...is there a way to:
a) define a new phase name (I don't think so)
or
b) make it so that the lifecycle.xml only runs what is defined there and
does not inherit the project's lifecycle?

--
Ben Tatham
Software Developer

Fwd: custom lifecycle without inheritance