Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Richard Taylor <rc...@richtea.demon.co.uk> on 2000/04/19 23:30:28 UTC

RE: JTidy & Cocoon integration

This may have been asked previously, but I've only just joined the mailing list, and the FAQ doesn't seem to answer this question:

Has anyone tried to feed the XML output of JTidy into the Producer.getDocument() method?

I have looked into this and found JTidy has some missing functionality - for example ProcessingInstructionImpl.getTarget() which should return the protocol ("xml" in this case) actually returns null. There is a nice little //TODO comment!

Anyway, I figured that someone somewhere must have filled the gaps between JTidy and Cocoon, and I wondered if that was public source anywhere? Can someone point me to it?

Thanks in advance.

(Oh, and any advice on whether this is sensible is welcome. Maybe there are better alternatives?)