Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru> on 2012/02/21 13:53:16 UTC

Another beta release

What do people think of another beta release?

A solid number of bugs has been fixed since 3.8-beta5 and we should
start gathering feedback.

I think we are in a good shape towards 3.8-final, I hope this beta
will be the last in the 3.8 series. My plan is to release 3.8 beta6 in
early March and, if all is good, then  release 3.8-final in  late
April or early May.

Yegor

Re: Another beta release

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
I'm OK to wait until mid March but not longer.

Yegor

Re: Another beta release

Posted by Sergey Vladimirov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Another beta release

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> What do people think of another beta release?

Now that the HPSF regression is fixed, I'd say the areas I make heavy use
of are stable enough for a final. However, I know you're still working on
XSLF quite a bit, so I'm happy for us to do another beta if you feel
that's needed.

Otherwise, I'd say we do 3.8 final now, and 3.8.1 with the xslf
enhancements in a month or two. There are a lot of bug reports and mailing
list queries coming in for 3.7, which people are picking "because it's
stable", so I think we should do a 3.8 final sooner rather than later to
help all of those, as I think 3.8 now is stable!

Nick