Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de> on 2005/09/19 20:48:51 UTC

live update of index used by Tomcat

Hi,

I need to merge two indexes into one which is accessed by a Searcher in
Tomcat. Tomcat keeps the searcher (or reader) open for good performance.
However, on Windows you cannot delete a file when it's opened for reading,
so I cannot do the merge while Tomcat is running and the reader is open.
But I don't want to shut down Tomcat or close the reader (not even for 10
seconds) because the search needs to be up all the time. Does anybody have
a clever solution for this problem?

Regards
 Daniel

--