Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/07/21 14:07:05 UTC

Re: FlumeLog4jAvroAppender.java

[Please subscribe to new flume-user@incubator.apache.org list, bcc
flume-user@cloudera.org, cc flume-user@incubator.apache.org]

This looks like avro is missing something it needs to encode or ship data.  The
log4j appender gets integrated into your application.  It requires the avro
jars (and possibly the flume.jars?) in order to work.  Did you include the
jars avro depends on in the classpath of your application?

I believe these are:

avro-xxx.jar
paranamer-xxx.jar
jackson-core-asl-xxx.jar