Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by nosd2 <no...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/12 01:27:58 UTC

Does wicket support looping form elements...

Hi All,

I have a large project I wrote in Echo1/Spring1 many years ago. I'm planning
to rewrite this application. I'm trying to choose between Wicket/Spring2 or
JSF/Seam. Because I used Echo you can tell I'm a believer in the advantages
of Wicket over JSF.

Critical to my choice is the ability to 'mount' user created eforms. So
basically i'll need to loop over some SurveyQuestion objects and create
wicket field components for some of the form elements on the page. In Echo
it wasn't hard because you could either use the HtmlTemplate page (as we do
for most of the app - hence the interest in wicket) or you can 'build' the
page/forms by hand without a html template. JSF will allow me to loop in the
view. I had planned to use Velocity/Freemarker integration to get this
effect with Wicket but I just read in Pro Wicket that you cannot use these
panels for form elements.

I've read something about wicket fragments and the fact that you can use a
wicket List/Loop object to display a list of panels or fragments but I'm
thinking this was designed for master-detail type views and not really for
programatically looping over a form definition and building a form.

I'd very much appreciate if anyone illuminate me as to whether I will be
able to build this in wicket or not?

Regards

Re: Does wicket support looping form elements...

Posted by nosd <no...@paradigmit.com.au>.
Ahh..

nevermind...

I found a discussion with very complex workarounds on this forum and a
simple technique here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/forms-with-dynamic-elements.html

I shall evaluate.

Regards