Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kamal Bhatt <kb...@tt.com.au> on 2006/03/07 00:01:47 UTC

Scratchpad and Castor

Hi
I was looking into the Castor and integration with cocoon and was
pleased to find that there is a way of doing it. Unfortunately, I cannot
seem to find the documentation for it or any of the source code and all
references to the "scratchpad" (what is that anyway) do not seem to exist.

My question is, does cocoon continue to support the CastorTransformor
and where can I find an example, particularly one that takes a bean from
the a session attribute and bind it to XML for use in the sitemap. I
have searched both dev and user mailing lists and the chatter in regards
to Castor seems dead, what gives? I have trouble believing that I am the
only person who needs this feature.

Thanks.

--
Kamal Bhatt

--
Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail or phone as you must not view, disseminate, distribute or copy this email without our consent. We do not accept any liability in connection with any computer virus, data corruption, incompleteness, or unauthorised amendment of this email. It is the sole responsibility of the receiver to scan for viruses before opening.

Re: Scratchpad and Castor

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Kamal,

The scratchpad block is located in the cocoon-block trunk. See:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/blocks/scratchpad/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/

Since the code of this transformer was not changed in a while, I am
almost sure it works out of the box in cocoon 2.1.x.

HTH.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo