Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Pankaj Saha <ps...@binghamton.edu> on 2016/05/23 18:18:18 UTC

Mesos installation in cloud network fails when zookeeper elects a master with internal ip

hello devs,

I have a situation where I am given 6 nodes to configure mesos cluster(3
masters 3 slaves) in a chameleon cloud setup. Each of the node has a
floating public ip and an internal ip.

My setup consists of libraries from mesosphere package. In zookeeper
configuration I have mentioned three internal ip addresses of mesos-master
as zookeepee server in "zoo.cfg" file, and in mesos-master configuration I
have mentioned masters internal ip in etc/mesos-master/ "hostname" and "ip"
file.

Now after starting all services I can see mesos portal in one of the
mesos-masters-public-ip:5050, But it fails immediately when zookeeper
changes its next leader and fetches internal ip address of the next
mesos-master leader.

in zookeeper and mesos master configuration I can not put floating public
ip address as those are not known to zookeeper server and mesos nodes.

Please guide me how can I make the setup working. do I need to make changes
to network configuration or anything else so that zookeeper can elect a
master with public ip.

Thanks
Pankaj

Re: Mesos installation in cloud network fails when zookeeper elects a master with internal ip

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
>Here I am facing another issue in mesos master installation. I am passing
> internal ip address to /etc/mesos-master/hostname and ip files in each
> master node.
>
> my hostname and ip file looks like:
> 10.40.0.128

Hi, @Pankaj You could not use same hostname and ip in each master node.
Instead,
you should use the corresponding ip and hostname of your master machine.
And make
sure those ip could be accessed in your env.

--
Best Regards,
Haosdent Huang

Re: Mesos installation in cloud network fails when zookeeper elects a master with internal ip

Posted by Pankaj Saha <ps...@binghamton.edu>.
got it thanks.

Posted by Arslan Abbasi <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pankaj Saha <ps...@binghamton.edu>.