Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/31 16:34:33 UTC

[Release 1.0.1] Report #4

2007 Report #4
--------------

Hi guys,

This the fourth report for the 1.0.1 release

Here is the list of remaining bugs we have in 1.0-trunks version :

+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-830 | Windows Installer overwrites
configuration                                  | Major |  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-823 | Problem decoding search
filter                                              | Critic|  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-822 | Collective attributes should be prevented from being added
to any entry     | Major |  Open  |
|               | whose type is not
collectiveAttributeSubentry                               |       |        |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-821 | Collective attributes should not be editable over regular
entries they are  | Major |  Open  |
|               | injected
to                                                                 |
|        |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-820 | Collective attributes are not injected upon polymorphic
queries             | Major |  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-816 | Requesting collective attributes
fails                                      | Major |  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-806 | No continuation references for referrals returned for some
search filters   | Minor |  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-792 | jpegPhoto attribute is returned as a String by
SearchResultEntry            | Major |  Open  |
|               |
Unassigned
|       |        |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-787 | ApacheDS tools should use the daemon classloader
infrastructure to include  | Major |  Open  |
|               | jars in
lib                                                                 |
|        |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-784 | The server fails to handle subtree refinement membership
references in      | Major |  Open  |
|               | entries upon object class
changes                                           |       |        |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-782 | Restart required after changing
password                                    |Blocker|  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-755 | Referrals returned as regular entries after server
restart                  | Major |  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-730 | init script fails due to missing commands "success" and
"failure"           | Major |  Open  |
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+
| DIRSERVER-169 | Incorrect SearchResult name and "compare" failure using
CoreContextFactory  | Major |Reopened|
+---------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------+--------+

Not so much difference since last repport : only one less bug (but it was a
major one). What we don't see is that some other bugs have been fixed, and
they don't appears in this list, as they have been created and closed in the
meanwhile.

We have many problems with Collective Attributes. At this point, I'm not
sure they can be fixed in 1.0.1...

We will try to focus on DIRSERVER-806 and DIRSERVER-823 in the next few
days, and also DIRSERVER-169.

The progression has slowed down a little bit lately because we have had
serious issues in both 1.0.1 and 1.5.0 branches, plus we are also trying to
build a better site (it's obviously mandantory...). But right now, the
situation is moving in the right direction :
http://directory.apache.org/ldapstudio/ is an example of what we can have in
the next few days.

We also tried to have VSLDAP tests being OK for 1.0.1 as it was for 1.0, and
this is a little bit time consumming...

Thanks for your attention !

--
Cordialement,