Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 00:18:54 UTC

Update on the IDE Work

I just finished up the first version of the pom to csproj generator for
Visual Studio 2005/SharpDevelop 2.0 in the SI_IDE branch.  This is still
largely experimental. Most of the solution is written in .NET and features
include:
1) Generating of cs projects for source and test files. The test file
project automatically includes a dependency on the source file project.
2) Generating of a solution file that references all of the projects.
3) Support for recursive reading of the poms (through the module entries):
this allows us to go to a top level and pull in all of the .NET projects.
4) Support for generating a separate solution file for each profile within
the pom.xml.

This solution only compiles on the .NET 2.0 framework.

There is still a lot more that needs to be done, including support for
resources. I also brought the maven-vsstudio-plugin out of the sandbox and
made some minor changes to get it working. This plugin supports Visual
Studio 2003. I'll still need to verify what functionality exists and what we
need to improve on in vsstudio - anybody know who the original author is?

Tomorrow, I plan to do all the formal testing of the branch on Windows and
Linux and then (if all goes well) merge over to the trunk on Friday.

Shane

Re: Update on the IDE Work

Posted by Chris Stevenson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Yup, me. :-)