Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org> on 2022/07/26 18:49:21 UTC

Finding an updated Java base Docker image for Solr 8

FYI https://github.com/docker-library/docs/pull/2162#issuecomment-1194542898

Essentially, the "openjdk" image isn't maintained anymore, and we ought to
pick an alternative.  There are support implications because image
suppliers/variants have OS or other quirks as to what is included.  I
haven't researched the alternatives yet but compatibility is paramount
because Solr 8 is the previous release and we wouldn't want to do anything
disruptive.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

Re: Finding an updated Java base Docker image for Solr 8

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
We did start using Java 17 for the 9.0 release, so we are safe there.

Since this will be overwriting existing images, it does seem a bit risky to
upgrade the base image out from under people.

- Houston

Posted by Shawn Heisey <el...@elyograg.org>.