Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/20 09:05:04 UTC

Adding new teammembers

Hello all,

I would like to discuss with you the Log4PHP way of adding new
committers. Recently we have had tons of contributions from well,
contributers, and I think there is a good chance to add some new
teammembers in near future. However, currently I am the only Logging
PMC activly working on Log4PHP. It would be not good to add new people
only with my voice on the internal Logging PMC list. I would like
feedback of the other Log4PHPlers.

How can we get this done?

My suggestion is, that if somebody helped with several issues on the
codebase for at least one release, is activly and constantly
contributing and participating the project, we should simply call a
vote on the Log4PHP dev list for addition (prio asking that guy if he
wants to join of course). After this, we'll vote on the Logging PMC
list if our decision is accetable for them too.

Is this a good approach for everybody or did I miss already existing processes?

Best regards,
Christian