Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Palmreuther <li...@pitpalme.de> on 2006/12/03 12:01:11 UTC

How to create multiple jar files from one project?

Hello,

I'm new to Maven and tried to find an answer on the website, but
either I'm to dense or it ain't there (yet). So if this question is
already answered in a public available document I'd be happy to get
the link.

I have a project that should be a library to encapsulate the logger
being used in all other projects. From this project I create two JAR
files: one containing the interface(s) and a factory, the other one
containing the implementation classes.

By now I'm trying to switch to use Maven2 for project management and
dependency tracking, but I'm still unable to get the two jars out of
Maven build process.

Therefore I've tried to split the project up into two projects to have
two artifacts. But than I end up in a cyclic dependency:

Interface project depends on implementation project for the factory to
compile; Implementation project depends on interface project for the
implementation class to compile (Class implements Interface). A
deadlock :-(

Anybody out there with an idea how to solve this problem "the Maven2
way"? I'd be happy with a hint on
- either how to influence the packaging process for getting two JARs
  (artifacts?) from one POM
- or how to tell the two Maven2 projects they belong "somehow
  together" for dependency resolution in a way it's done as if this
  were one project

Thanks a lot in advance,
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

"Bother," said Pooh as he found he'd used a dirty needle