Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Jain, Abhay K, ALABS" <ja...@att.com> on 2006/01/11 19:54:06 UTC

[users@httpd] How to disable public_html

In order to disable public_html usage on the production server,
I commented out the following lines in httpsd.conf file

#<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
#    UserDir public_html
#</IfModule>

But public_html is still active. What else needs to be done.

Abhay

Re: [users@httpd] How to disable public_html

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 1/11/06, Jain, Abhay K, ALABS <ja...@att.com> wrote:

> In order to disable public_html usage on the production server,
> I commented out the following lines in httpsd.conf file
>
> #<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
> #    UserDir public_html
> #</IfModule>
>
> But public_html is still active. What else needs to be done.

In versions less than 2.2, UserDir defaults to public_html so you need
UserDir disabled
to get rid of it.

In 2.2, simply commenting-out UserDir will do the trick.

Joshua.