Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Liz Burke-Scovill <fi...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/15 19:09:05 UTC

Using with more than one parameter/value pair

I've been looking for documentation, but couldn't find anything that
specifically discusses what I'm running into. Whether it's not there, or I'm
using the wrong search terms, I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

I have a GET request that has the following pattern:
http://www.foo.com?parm1=value1&parm2=value2&parm3=value3

When I attempt to run the task, I get the following error message (with -v
used). I have tried putting in a delimiter as suggested, tried just 2
parameters. The only time it's gone through has been when there was only one
parameter in the GET:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.0\webapps\testsite\build.xml:38: The reference to entity "parm2" must end
with the ';' delimiter.
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java
:233)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java
:140)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(
ProjectHelper.java:91)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:187)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:246)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:67)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "parm2"
must end with the ';' delimiter.
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.scanAttributeValue(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanAttribute(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
    at
Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java
:217)
    ... 6 more
--- Nested Exception ---
[...]

Total time: 0 seconds

Thanks for any assistance or insight!

Liz Burke-Scovill
--
Imagination is intelligence having fun...
fiddledragon@gmail.com

Re: Using with more than one parameter/value pair

Posted by Liz Burke-Scovill <fi...@gmail.com>.
*chuckle* Just goes to show that yes, sometimes it is really that simple.

Thank you!
Liz

Datum: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:09:05 -0500
Von: Liz Burke-Scovill <fi...@gmail.com>