Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Joseph Shraibman <jk...@iname.com> on 1999/10/06 00:31:00 UTC

mod_jserv/5104: Naming.lookup() fails from withing a servlet

>Number:         5104
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Naming.lookup() fails from withing a servlet
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Whenever I try to do a Naming.lookup() from within a servlet I get an exception like this:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling
return; nested exception is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.xtenit.rds.RMIDataServer_Stub
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(RegistryImpl_Stub.java:104
)
        at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Naming.java:53)
        at DSServTest.doGet(DSServTest.java:65)
	<...>

When I run the same code on the same machine outside a servlet it works fine.  Is this a securitymanager error, perhaps?
>How-To-Repeat:
Start rmiregistry. Bind something to it. Do a Naming.lookup within an servlet. Then outside a servlet.
>Fix:
I don't really know. I'm just guessing it's a security manager bug.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]