Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by kr di <kr...@outlook.com> on 2016/03/06 13:22:29 UTC

mesos master 0.27.1 needs g++ to execute ?

I have dockerized amy compiled version of mesos master for version 0.25 successfully.  In moving closer to production, I am upgrading to 0.27.1.  However, in dockerizing 0.27.1, the mesos master seems to need g++ (plus a few libraries) to execute which was not the case with mesos 0.25.  I am not speaking of compiling mesos.  I successfully downloaded mesos tar file and compiled mesos (0.25 and 0.27.1) on RHEL 7.2.  Mesos master 0.27.1 runs without issues on my system with development tools.

The issue is that I am hesitate to put development tools on a production system without understanding why g++ is needed. Could someone briefly explain why I need g++ to run mesos 0.27.1 (and maybe why mesos 0.25 did not require g++) to run? And whether there is a work-around to not having development tools (g++) for mesos master?

Awesome software btw.

Thank you,

KR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: mesos master 0.27.1 needs g++ to execute ?

Posted by Klaus Ma <kl...@gmail.com>.
Hi KR,

Can you share the error message?

----
Da (Klaus), Ma (马达) | PMP® | Advisory Software Engineer
Platform OpenSource Technology, STG, IBM GCG
+86-10-8245 4084 | klaus1982.cn@gmail.com | http://k82.me