Posted to user@uima.apache.org by jazzsalsa <ja...@me.com> on 2013/02/21 07:48:49 UTC

UIMA and Solr integration

Hi,

I managed to get Solr and UIMA work together. When I send a document to Solr it annotates the field "contents" and adds the result of the UIMA annotations to e.g. a field "location". My question is: how do I annotate the contents of an already existing solr database without triggering an /update ? My UIMA processor defaults for an /update command.
I was thinking about exporting the contents and re-importing it but that seems too complex using the DIH. Is there a smarter way?

Regards Bart