Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rilak Kun <ku...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/15 04:20:51 UTC

Hello,

I have only one servlet definition in my web.xml. This servlet acts as
a bridge servlet for delegating requests to the actual 50 servlets in
my application. I would like to make one of the 50 servlets
async-supported. I can think of two ways to do it:

1. Create another bridge servlet for handling asynchronous servlets,
and specify async-supported=true only for this servlet.

2. Just add async-supported=true to the existing servlet definition,
even though only 1 out of my 50 servlets supports asynchronous mode.

Are there any bad implications for going with option #2? I did a quick
test with #2 and my application seems to run fine, but I am not sure
if it will create performance or scalability issues.

I try to look for similar question in the forum and from the web, but
I am not able to find an assertive answer to it.

I am running Tomcat 7.0.

Thank you!

Re: Mark async-supported=true for non-asynchronous servlets

Posted by Rilak Kun <ku...@gmail.com>.
This is great news. Thank you Mark!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rilak Kun <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Mark async-supported=true for non-asynchronous servlets

Posted by Rilak Kun <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chris,

Our application is running in OSGi. Servlets are contributed via
Eclipse extension point, so they can be registered in different
plugins without changing the web.xml.

Thank you!
Rilak

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 8:24 PM, Christopher Schultz

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.