Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/30 23:26:15 UTC

Yet another PageExpiredException question

Hello,

I have recently reviewed our application log files and noticed a lot
of PageExpiredException error logs. Here are some of them:

1. PageExpiredException: Cannot find the rendered page in session
[pagemap=null,componentPath=1,versionNumber=0]
2. PageExpiredException: No behaviors attached to component
[MarkupContainer [Component id = mainMenuItemLink]]

We use approach described in this article
http://web.mac.com/jonathan.locke/iWeb/JonathanLocke/Blog/C68818AE-E983-4D7A-B6BF-E95CD886BFF2.html
to return the previous response page if it's not null and not equal to
the current page that threw exception. We do this for every exception
that goes throuh WebRequestCycle#onRuntimeException(). Is this a bad
idea?

The page that typically throws these exceptions has no-arg constructor
and constructor that takes PageParameters, which I assume qualifies it
as stateless. When I breakpoint in onAfterRender()
WebPage#isStateless() returns true. But the page has a lot of AJAX
components. Could this be causing PageExpiredExceptions?

Some people on this list recommended creating and returning a new
instance of the page that caused the error. Others, like the article
above, recommend returning the last rendered page.

What's the recommended way to handle PageExpiredExceptions?

Thanks,

Alec

Re: Yet another PageExpiredException question

Posted by bh...@actrix.gen.nz.
Alec,

Please download the testcase from the Jira attachment. It contains
workarounds for HybridUrlCodingStrategy and AJAX requests.

Regards,

Bernard

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.