Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Manri Offermann <ta...@eastbeam.co.jp> on 2006/09/11 10:25:03 UTC

T4.1 Ajax DirectLink

Hi Tapestry Group,

I have a question regarding the DirectLink with async=true in 4.1 or
4.1.1-Snapshot.

Let's say I have a page with an Ajax Directlink, a dynamic area (which will
be updated by DirectLink) and a counter component. When I click on the
Direct Link the dynamic component is updated as expected and the counter
stays the same. While when I reload the complete page, the counter
increments not by 1, but by 2 (or as many times I clicked the DirectLink).
Is this intended behaviour, that every component in the page gets rendered,
even if I only want certain component(s) to be updated?

The actual scenario looks like this: I have a page with several components,
like a login component, ranking component and other components which access
a database and retrieve data at "prepareForRender". With the Ajax DirectLink
I trigger a lot of unnecessary access to the database even if the components
are not "updated".

So my question is: Is there a workaround? Is this intended behaviour so that
I should better place my dynamic area in an "empty" page?

Best regards,

Manri Offermann