Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by helander <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/30 21:49:37 UTC

etc files for new instance

I found out that the /etc files for a newly created instance were not copied
from the KARAF-HOME/etc directory, but from resources in one of the admin
bundles.
For a custom distro where the /etc files are typically customized, this
becomes a problem, since the created instances will not contain the
customized /etc files.

Is there any way that you can control what /etc files that get "copied" to
the new instance?

/Lars

Re: etc files for new instance

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lars,

it's normal when use admin:create, it creates a fresh Karaf instance (we
did like this by design).

In Karaf 2.3.x or 3.0.x, you have now the admin:clone command which can
clone to root instance and use the etc file from the source instance.

Regards
JB

On 07/30/2012 09:49 PM, helander wrote:
> I found out that the /etc files for a newly created instance were not copied
> from the KARAF-HOME/etc directory, but from resources in one of the admin
> bundles.
> For a custom distro where the /etc files are typically customized, this
> becomes a problem, since the created instances will not contain the
> customized /etc files.
>
> Is there any way that you can control what /etc files that get "copied" to
> the new instance?
>
> /Lars

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: etc files for new instance

Posted by helander <le...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lars,

We are working on the latest issues for 2.3.0. I gonna make a new review
tomorrow, but I think it could be available soon (maybe end of this
week) and a 3.0.0-RC1 (as we introduced a lot of changes in 3.0.0, we
will release a RC1 first) end of the next week.

Regards
JB

On 07/30/2012 11:36 PM, helander wrote:
> Sounds good to differentiate between "create" and "clone".
>
> "When" can I expect a release of 2.3.x (or 3.0.x) ?
>
> /Lars

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: etc files for new instance

Posted by helander <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Already done with clone coming with 2.3.x or 3.0.x (cf my thread reply
e-mail).

Regards
JB

On 07/30/2012 10:45 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
> not right now, but since there where quiet a number of requests by now
> it might be a good idea to create a new feature request jira.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM, helander <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found out that the /etc files for a newly created instance were not copied
>> from the KARAF-HOME/etc directory, but from resources in one of the admin
>> bundles.
>> For a custom distro where the /etc files are typically customized, this
>> becomes a problem, since the created instances will not contain the
>> customized /etc files.
>>
>> Is there any way that you can control what /etc files that get "copied" to
>> the new instance?
>>
>> /Lars
>>

>> --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré