Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by speedwx <qw...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/07 10:57:29 UTC

Re: Need help - Duplicated session ID problem

Yeah we have the same problem too.

My comment on this issue is, tomcat generates same session id's on different
servers so if one loses it's connection with the server which is sticky on
it, load balancer redirects the request to another one and because of the
duplication on session id 's user becomes someone another suddenly.

As I have read from articles, the generation of session id's on tomcat is
based on java random. And Java random is not so reliable I think.

Some guys on internet are saying that the jvmroute attribute on "engine" in
server.xml, can resolve this issue.

If you have any concerns about this issue please let me now.

Thanks a lot