Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Matthew Bailey <Ma...@zionsbancorp.com> on 2007/08/01 21:53:57 UTC

java.lang.NumberFormatException

I've used WSDL2Java to generate a client and server using XMLBeana, when
the client calls the service I get the following error on the server
side:

Aug 1, 2007 1:36:03 PM org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet
doPost
SEVERE: java.lang.NumberFormatException:
Aug 1, 2007 1:36:03 PM org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet
doPost
INFO: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Connection aborted by peer

And on the client side I recieve a NullPointerException.

When I searched the web for a similar problem, I came across the
following which describes this situation very well.

http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=115965408111474&w=2
<http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=115965408111474&w=2>

The call I'm making to the service is very simple

<credentials xmlns="">
  <type>CustomerUserId</type>
  <value>user_id</value>
</credentials>
<credentials xmlns="">
  <type>CustomerPassword</type>
  <value>password</value>
</credentials>

But credentials type is a restriction based simple type, so I'm
wondering if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

My client code:

ImplServiceStub stub =
     new ImplServiceStub
     ("http://host/axis2/services/ImplService");
ValidateRequestDocument reqDoc =
ValidateRequestDocument.Factory.newInstance();
    RequestType requestType = reqDoc.addNewValidateRequest();

    Credential credential_CUSTOMER_USER_ID =
requestType.addNewCredentials();

credential_CUSTOMER_USER_ID.setType(CredentialType.CUSTOMER_USER_ID);//t
his is an enum class within CredentialType
    credential_CUSTOMER_USER_ID.setValue("user_id");

    Credential credential_CUSTOMER_PASSWORD =
requestType.addNewCredentials();

credential_CUSTOMER_PASSWORD.setType(CredentialType.CUSTOMER_PASSWORD);/
/this is an enum class within CredentialType
    credential_CUSTOMER_PASSWORD.setValue("password");

    // Call the service
    ValidateResponseDocument resDoc = stub.validate(reqDoc);

If any one has some pointers I'd apreciate it!

Thanks,

Matt Bailey
Matthew.Bailey@zionsbancorp.com