Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by pinoyskull <pi...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/18 09:47:16 UTC

spamd: handle_user unable to find user:

Hi,

Im a bit concern right now because Im seeing these messages quite often

---
@40000000458654293088b884 [48180] info: spamd: handle_user unable to
find user: 'username@domain.com'
---

- username@domain.com is only an example

- username@domain.com is a valid user on my server

- does this means that if i found a message like that on spamd's logs
that particular message was not delivered?

- im running qmail-scanner 1.25st / spamassassin 3.1.7 / clamav 0.88.6

Re: spamd: handle_user unable to find user:

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.

Your usernames actually have "@yourdomain.com" in them?

> - im running qmail-scanner 1.25st / spamassassin 3.1.7 / clamav 0.88.6

You should probably ask on the qmail-scanner list, as that's what's
probably composing the spamassassin/spamc command line. I suspect
something isn't stripping the doman name off the recipient mail
address when it's calculating the username to pass to
spamassassin/spamc.

  "Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
  does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
				           -- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
 7 days until Christmas