Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Tommy Nordgren <to...@chello.se> on 2005/12/03 08:41:56 UTC

Building external modules with Ant

I wonder how to build external (jni) modules with the help of Ant, in
particular
do ant include any tool for controlling the gcc/g++ compiler, when
building a JNI
tool. If not, are there any tool that can control the gnu autotool
set, for building and
linking against an external library
-------------------------------------
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@chello.se

Re: Building external modules with Ant

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
> I wonder how to build external (jni) modules with the help of Ant, in
> particular
> do ant include any tool for controlling the gcc/g++ compiler, when
> building a JNI
> tool. If not, are there any tool that can control the gnu autotool
> set, for building and
> linking against an external library

Ant doesn't contain that built-in (beside using <exec> to fork any
program), but an Ant extension call CppTasks, which is part of
Ant-Contrib on SourceForge.net, does just that. There's a learning
curse to CppTasks, but it worked great for me. The mailing list to
discuss CppTasks is the Ant-Contrib one. --DD