Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 07:00:15 UTC

Re: Solr YUI autocomplete

I've used the YUI auto complete (albeit not with Solr which shouldn't matter
here) and it should work with JSON. I did one that simply made XHR calls
over to a method on my server which returned pipe delimited text which
worked fine.

Are you using the XHR Data source and if so, what type are you telling it to
expect. One of the examples on the YUI site is text based and i'm sure you
can specify TYPE_JSON or JS_ARRAY too.

- Amit

RE: Solr YUI autocomplete

Posted by Ankit Bhatnagar <ab...@vantage.com>.

Hey Amit,

My index(ie Solr) was on different domain, so I can't use XHR(as XHR doesnot work with cross domain proxyless data fetch).

I tried using YUI's  DS_ScriptNode but didn't work.

I completed my task by using jQuery and it worked well with solr.

-Ankit