Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu> on 2018/01/19 03:16:22 UTC

Extension Clusters don’t work

Hi all,
Managix was recently removed from Asterix, and the assumption was that
extension clusters could use NCService. This is not actually the case. The
cluster seems to start, but queries give strange errors about metadata
being missing. I filed an issue for this,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/ASTERIXDB-2239

The solution is unclear to me.
Steven

Re: Extension Clusters don’t work

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
The method in the confluence guide is what's used in the tests
actually. So it must work to some extent. If you could get it to fail
in AsterixHyracksIntegrationUtil it would be easier to isolate.

Posted by abdullah alamoudi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Cool...

Thanks for looking into this Ian :)

Abdullah.