Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Greg Mann <gr...@mesosphere.io> on 2018/04/24 22:44:06 UTC

UPDATE: Mesos 1.6.0 release

Hi all,
Several contributors who are either assignees or shepherds for 1.6 blocker
tickets (myself included) have recently been pulled into some high priority
internal work, so unfortunately I would like to delay the cut of the first
release candidate for Mesos 1.6.0 to ensure that we have adequate time to
resolve all blockers without rushing code in at the last minute.

I'll delay the release candidate by one week, so *now I plan to cut RC1 on
Friday, May 4*.

For those of you working on getting those last 10 blocker tickets merged,
this gives you one more week to do so. Please aim to get all 1.6 blockers
merged by the end of Thursday, May 3.

If you have concerns about the new timeline, feel free to reach out to me
and we can see if accelerating it would be possible.

Thanks everybody, and sorry for the delay!
Cheers,
Greg

Re: UPDATE: Mesos 1.6.0 release

Posted by Greg Mann <gr...@mesosphere.io>.
Hey folks,
We're very nearly ready to cut the first release candidate for 1.6, but not
quite :) Rather than rushing it, I'd prefer to wait until Monday, so *I
will cut Mesos 1.6 RC1 on Monday, May 7*. I apologize for the further delay!

Thanks to everybody for your hard work resolving blockers over the past
couple weeks!! It is much appreciated. I have created the 1.6.x branch, so
if you commit anything else which you want to be included in 1.6.0 (such as
CHANGELOG updates :) you should commit it to master and then backport to
the 1.6.x branch.

If you have any more updates for the CHANGELOG, please submit them. Note
that all portions of the CHANGELOG below the "All Resolved Issues:" heading
are autogenerated by JIRA, so you can focus on the sections which appear
above that.

The current list of experimental features and feature graduations is as
follows:

Feature Graduations:
>   * [MESOS-4828] - XFS disk quota isolator.
>   * [MESOS-6906] - Introduce a general non-interpreting task check.
> All Experimental Features:
>   * [MESOS-3094] - Mesos on Windows.
>   * [MESOS-3421] - Support sharing of resources across task instances.
>   * [MESOS-4312] - Porting Mesos on Power (ppc64le).
>   * [MESOS-4355] - Implement isolator for Docker volume.
>   * [MESOS-4965] - Persistent volume resizing.
>   * [MESOS-5344] - Partition-aware Mesos frameworks.
>   * [MESOS-5788] - Added JAVA API adapter for seamless transition to new
> scheduler API.
>   * [MESOS-5931] - Support auto backend in Mesos Containerizer.
>   * [MESOS-6014] - Added port mapping CNI plugin.
>   * [MESOS-7944] - Libprocess `MemoryProfiler`.
>   * [MESOS-8534] - Separate CNI networks for nested containers.
>   * [MESOS-8649] - Support for Container Storage Interface version 0.2.
>   * [MESOS-8801] - Linux support for jemalloc.

If any of that should be updated, please let me know!

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Greg