Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raghavendra Nilekani <rk...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/05 11:02:12 UTC

Apache catalina springsource bundle for Apache Tomcat v6.0.43

Hello All

I have a java application where I use Apache catalina springsource OSGI
bundle (
*com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource-6.0.20.S2-r5956.jar*) to
configure and start tomcat and register tomcat as an OSGI service to my
application. Now I have to migrate to tomcat of latest version which has
security vulnerabilities issued fixed (
http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html#Fixed_in_Apache_Tomcat_6.0.43).
Looking at Apache Tomcat website, they have released latest version of
tomcat 6.0.43 where they have fixed many of the security vulnerabilities.
But I see the latest release of Apache catalina springsource bundle is
com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource v6.0.32 (
http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/search?query=com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource
).

My questions are

1) What is the apache tomcat version matches to
com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource v6.0.32. Does it match
Apache Tomcat v6.0.32 ?

2) I don't see com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource bundle for
version 6.0.43. What is the plan for springsource to release bundle for
version 6.0.43 ?

3) Do apache provide any OSGi bundle (including coyote, jasper and other
related bundles),  on version 6.0.43 which I can use in my OSGi container
and register and use tomcat as an OSGi service ?

Thanks and Regards
-------------------------------
Raghavendra Neelekani

Re: Apache catalina springsource bundle for Apache Tomcat v6.0.43

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

> On 05/03/2015 10:02, Raghavendra Nilekani wrote:
> > Hello All
> >
> > I have a java application where I use Apache catalina springsource OSGI
> > bundle (

*com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource-6.0.20.S2-r5956.jar*) to
> > configure and start tomcat and register tomcat as an OSGI service to my
> > application. Now I have to migrate to tomcat of latest version which has
> > security vulnerabilities issued fixed (
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html#Fixed_in_Apache_Tomcat_6.0.43).
> > Looking at Apache Tomcat website, they have released latest version of
> > tomcat 6.0.43 where they have fixed many of the security
vulnerabilities.
> > But I see the latest release of Apache catalina springsource bundle is
> > com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource v6.0.32 (

http://ebr.springsource.com/repository/app/search?query=com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource
> > ).
> >
> > My questions are
>
> Note: I work for what was SpringSource and is now Pivotal but not on
> this particular product.
>
> > 1) What is the apache tomcat version matches to
> > com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource v6.0.32. Does it match
> > Apache Tomcat v6.0.32 ?
>
> That looks like a reasonable assumption. Knowing the folks that were
> involved in the OSGI work I'm as sure as I can be that the versions do
> line up.
>
> > 2) I don't see com.springsource.org.apache.catalina.springsource bundle
for
> > version 6.0.43. What is the plan for springsource to release bundle for
> > version 6.0.43 ?
>
> There are no plans. The product is no longer developed.
>
> > 3) Do apache provide any OSGi bundle (including coyote, jasper and other
> > related bundles),  on version 6.0.43 which I can use in my OSGi
container
> > and register and use tomcat as an OSGi service ?
>
> No. Apache Tomcat does not produce OSGI bundles. You probably want to
> look at Virgo from Eclipse.

@Raghavendra Nilekani: Let's continue the discussion in the forum thread
[1] that you've already created several days ago.

Regards,
Violeta

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1015969/

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.