Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Gibbs <da...@midrange.com> on 2006/08/20 06:47:26 UTC

Forward after running through SA?

Does anyone know if there is a way to setup a sendmail alias (or
virtuser table entry) so that a message is received, filtered through
spamassassin, and then forwarded to another email address?

I've got some 'role' addresses I want to setup ... but really want to
flag spam as much as possible for the recipients.

Right now I have setup a real user account and put in a .forward... but
I would like to avoid having to use a real account if possible.

Thanks!

david

Re: Forward after running through SA?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "David Gibbs" <da...@midrange.com>

> Does anyone know if there is a way to setup a sendmail alias (or
> virtuser table entry) so that a message is received, filtered through
> spamassassin, and then forwarded to another email address?
>
> I've got some 'role' addresses I want to setup ... but really want to
> flag spam as much as possible for the recipients.
>
> Right now I have setup a real user account and put in a .forward... but
> I would like to avoid having to use a real account if possible.

Supposing you use procmail or equivalent to run spamassassin I would
presume it would be possible to do something of this sort some how.
I would ask on the appropriate mailing list for the MTA you are using,
SendMail, PostFix, QMail, Exim, etc.

I do have an observation, though. If the role account is tightly
targeted you can probably use a real account to receive the email to
great effect. Its Bayes will custom tune to its message content for
ham and spam. And you can make special rules for the account as well,
if needed. You can always set the shell for the account to /sbin/nologin
or equivalent if you want.

{^_^}