Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denise Mangano <De...@complusdata.com> on 2002/12/11 18:59:19 UTC

Connecting Tomcat 4.1.12 with Apache 1.3

Hi all,

I am fairly new to using Apache / Tomcat. I currently have my website set up
in Apache, running in the /var/html directory. I have installed Tomcat
because I have a form page (HTML) that I want to run a servlet with to
process a credit card payment with an outside payment processor. I have seen
some instances that people have stated I have to do some special
configuration in order to use both Apache and Tomcat together. Is this so?
If so, then are there any good resources for this?

Perhaps using JSP for the form will be better because I want a custom page
to display depending on what error message will come back from the payment
engine.  If that is the case then wouldn't I need the connection between
Apache and Tomcat? (the images I will need for the JSP page is stored in
apache web directory as well).  Is this the mod_jk plug in? (I am running
RedHat Linux 7.3)

Thanks in advance!

Denise Mangano
Help Desk Analyst
Complus Data Innovations, Inc.

Re: Connecting Tomcat 4.1.12 with Apache 1.3

Posted by Jerry Ford <je...@katzenjammer.us>.
BTW, the configuration lines that go in httpd.conf for webapp are
entirely different than what is required for mod_jk.  They serve the
same function, but they are entirely different connectors.  It will take
some reading to make the transition.

Jerry

Posted by Jerry Ford <je...@katzenjammer.us>.
Denise: