Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/09 01:57:10 UTC

SCA & WS-BPEL

Hi All

   I'm sending this e-mail to reactivate the collaboration between
Apache Tuscany and Apache ODE as initiated by Matthieu a while ago[1].
It would be great if we could have an WS-BPEL component implementation
described in [2] and [3], where we would be able to run executables
WS-BPEL process from an SCA runtime.

   In order to get this started, I have put together a skeleton that
we could use as the bases for implementation.bepel and it's available
at [4]. I'm in the middle of simplifying it further, and I'll keep you
guys posted of my progress.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg10042.html
[2] http://osoa.org/display/Main/SCA+BPEL+White+Paper
[3] http://osoa.org/download/attachments/35/SCA_ClientAndImplementationModelforBPEL_V100.pdf?version=1
[4] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/implementation-bpel/

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: SCA & WS-BPEL

Posted by sam tam <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Luciano,

This is Sam,

I have added a container for BPEL in Tuscany (file name:
container.bpel_edited.zip which requires Ode_jar_New1.zip and
Ode_jar_New2.zip)
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-897

Using that container, one can run a BPEL process seamlessly from Tuscany
runtime.

That was an initial startup attempt.

Kindly look into it !

Sam Tam.

Re: SCA & WS-BPEL

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sam,

I'll have a deeper look at this today or tomorrow. I'll certainly have a
look at what you've contributed so far. My understanding is that Tuscany's
SPIs have significantly changed so we may be better off starting from
scratch from the skeleton Luciano has created and import (understand
copy/paste) the code you've already done gradually (tweaking what needs to
be tweaked).

Anyway I'll create a new issue for this, trying to merge the new skeleton
and what you've done before and maybe we can start from that.

Cheers,
Matthieu

Re: SCA & WS-BPEL

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.