Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/07/20 20:06:40 UTC

daemonize - shall we purge?

Hi folks, I keep hearing that daemonize isn't used at all anymore, yet
it continues to live on - shall we purge it?

--David

Re: daemonize - shall we purge?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 07/21/2012 12:12 AM, Wido den Hollander wrote:

> On 20-07-12 20:35, Edison Su wrote:
>> The cloud-agent init script still depends on it. Wido is working on to
>> get rid of it?
>
> Yes, I'm working on that.
>
> I'll make a commit later this week where cloud-agent and cloud-usage no
> longer depend on it and I'll purge daemonize in that commit.

I just pushed eab3e4783e0f8aba7dab889bdfcc441a028b387a

This removes cloud daemonize and rewrites the init scripts of the Agent
and Usage server.

The spec file hasn't been fixed yet, my apologies for that. We need to
depend on jsvc on RHEL platforms as well.

Under my Ubuntu systems it's all running happily with JSVC.

Wido

Re: daemonize - shall we purge?

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

RE: daemonize - shall we purge?