Posted to announce@apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2015/04/03 13:56:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M29 released

The Apache Directory Team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M29 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache Directory LDAP client API is an ongoing effort to provide
an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing
LDAPAPI (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targeting the Apache Directory Server,
but should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and
network layer could be added or used in the near future. It's also
OSGi capable.

Another bug fix release, with a few new fonctionalities being added :
- a LDIF anonymizer
- VLV support

Here is the list of fixed issues :

Bugs :
------

  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-100  Implement the
GSSAPI SASL Bind mechanism
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-107  LdifReader
missing attributes
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-219
DateUtils.toGeneralizedTime does not work with some Locales
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-220  The
FilterEncoder.encodeFilterValue() does not accept escaped hex values
like \2A
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-223  The SchemaObject
extension key should be case-insensitive
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-226  Injecting non
pure ASCII values into a HR attribute read from a LDIF does not work

Improvements :
--------------

  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-46   Add a generic
schema loader which looks for schema elements under the value of the
'subschemaSubentry' of the RootDSE
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-225  Add a LDIF
anonymizer that takes a LDIF file and replace the value with random
text

New features :
--------------

  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-165  Add a FilterBuillder
  * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-224  Add support for
the VLV control

Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !

Website : http://directory.apache.org/api
Download : http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
User's Guide : http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

The Apache Directory Team

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M29 released

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 3, 2015, at 7:29 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, bumping to a new version (ie RC41) means we have released the
> previous one (ie RC40), which is not yet the case.
>
> Actually, the release process will handle this incrementation automatically.

ok, I will change them back to 40

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M29 released

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 3, 2015, at 6:18 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seems like Nexus has trouble pushing the jars to maven. I instructed it
> to release the package 2 days ago, but it seems blocked, for some unkown
> reason. I'll ping infra.

I have had this type problem before with sonatype.  As I recall it wasn’t every artifact for a particular artifact/version, rather there was a single jar that wouldn’t upload.  I have reverted to previous version for time being.

Thanks,

Shawn

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-M29 released

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--