Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jeffrey Wong <mi...@cptn.net> on 2004/04/21 07:53:05 UTC

Using Views in Torque

Is it possible to have Torque generate objects that reference views and
not actual data tables?

I've considered defining the view in the schema xml and just not using
the generated SQL.  Is there a way to set it up so the object also
contains references to the tables from which the view was created.

Getting the Next Id Value

Posted by Femi Aluko <if...@yahoo.com>.
Hi all,

I would like to get the next Id value generated by the IdBroker service so that i can insert it into one of the fields of a column that i want to insert into the table.

Is there any method that can return the next Id ?

Re: Using Views in Torque

Posted by David Hainlin <dh...@comcast.net>.
Hi Jeffrey, I use this often when the corresponding joins are too
complex or if I want summary info from more than one table.  This works
great for read/query only situations.  I've not tried anything more
adventurous with views.  Don't think your schema/objects can reference
the tables the view is based on tho (other than comments/description
entries).  HTH.
David