Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sausarkar <sa...@ebay.com> on 2012/08/16 23:32:54 UTC

Solr4.0 BETA - Error when StempelPolishStemFilterFactory

I just upgrade to Solr 4.0.0-BETA and it seems there is a problem with the
StempelPolishStemFilterFactory it cannot find a resource, it seems that the
bug was introduced in the new beta release, this works fine in the alpha
release.

Here is the exception I am seeing in the logs:

SEVERE: null:java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Can't find
resource '/org/apache/lucene/analysis/pl/stemmer_20000.tbl' in classpath or
'solr/collection1/conf/', cwd /apache-solr-4.0.0-BETA/example
	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.<init>(IndexSchema.java:116)
	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:850)
	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:539)
	at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.load(CoreContainer.java:360)
	at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$Initializer.initialize(CoreContainer.java:309)
	at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.init(SolrDispatchFilter.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:114)
	at
org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:59)
	at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:754)
	at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:258)

Anyone has any clue on this?

Re: Solr4.0 BETA - Error when StempelPolishStemFilterFactory

Posted by sausarkar <sa...@ebay.com>.
Thank you.

From: "steve_rowe [via Lucene]" <ml...@n3.nabble.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:05 PM
To: "Sarkar, Sauvik" <sa...@ebay.com>>
Subject: RE: Solr4.0 BETA - Error when StempelPolishStemFilterFactory

I can reproduce - I agree, this seems like a bug.

I've opened an issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3737

Thanks for reporting!

Steve

Posted by sausarkar <sa...@ebay.com>.

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi sausarkar,

You've probably been hit by the local configuration equivalent of <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3624> - the Solr example configuration directory added a path segment, so <lib> references have to be changed to include an extra "../".

Steve